Friday, February 27, 2009

Wii!! I'm having fun!

Three years ago, I decided I was tired of being overweight and out of breath. I was further motivated by the fact that both my sons were getting married in the fall of that year and I was not about to be fatter than their step-mother in the photos. Following 6 months of Weight Watchers points counting and exercising to Walk Away the Pounds dvds, I dropped from a size 16 to a size 10/12 and I looked good! And I felt good! I kept up the good routine for another year but then I got sick for a week, wasn't able to work out and things went downhill from there. I'm still in a size 12 but I've put back on about 15 pounds. My knees and hips hurt again and it's just time to do something before things get any further out of control. I bought a new Leslie Sansone dvd but it just wasn't the same motivation as the first time around. Then I started hearing from people at work about Wii Fit. One guy and his wife were playing Wii Sports nightly and he had dropped 11 pounds in a month. So I did some research and decided this might just be the motivation I need.
Last weekend I bought a Wii console with Wii Sports and was immediately hooked. My oldest son, at the ripe old age of 30, says it's too juvenile,(he's into the war games, grand theft auto, etc.) but I find the little Mii characters totally charming. Because it's such a hot item right now, I had to order the Wii Fit Bundle and yesterday it arrived. I couldn't wait to see what it was all about. I've only had time to sample a small amount of the amazingly fun fitness activities offered but I'm already convinced this is just what I was needing to get me active again.
I've never quite been able to get into the game thing like my children. They all have X Boxes and game libraries, the whole nine yards. But now, I'm beginning to see the fascination (and the addiction)! I may even look into some other games for the system just for fun. In the meantime, I'll be practicing bowling, tennis, balance games, yoga and I will lose at least 10 of those 15 pounds! Now I just need to be careful that I'm not so sore I can't bead!

1 comment:

Karen Gill said...

Hi! I'd be interested in hearing how this goes. I've been counting WW points 3 weeks and have lost "zip"!! Sounds like it could be a good thing! Good fortune!

Karen