Sunday, July 26, 2009

Shades of the Southwest

I love silver. I love turquoise. I love silver and turquoise accented with coral. I love Southwestern style. So it was only natural that my entry in the August Etsy Beadweavers' challenge be a Southwestern style design done in turquoise, silver and coral. The large, chunky freeform turquoise pendant was another of my finds at the farmer's market where I purchased the turquoise square donuts. As soon as I saw it I knew it would be the focal piece for my challenge entry. Since the pendant was asymetrical, the rest of the necklace evolved asymetrically as well. I'd like to think that with this creation, I've put my own little spin on traditional Southwestern style.

3 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Your piece turned out magnificently :)

Cindy Caraway said...

Fantastic! It's absolutely beautiful :)

Marlaine said...

It's quite beautiful. Too bad that there isn't a link to the listing in your Etsy shop. I'd like to see more of it!