Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Middle Aged Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day certainly isn't what it used to be.  I'm at that point in life where I'm caught in the middle.  Still have my mom to celebrate the day with and still hope that my own grown children will remember their mom in some small way - a card or a phone call makes my day. 

For several years, it's been a tradition for me to take my mother to the annual Mother's Day Flea Market in a town close to where she lives.  We've always enjoyed the displays of bedding plants and the occasional treasure finds.  My mother no longer gardens or does many of the things she always enjoyed due to Alzheimer's, but we still enjoyed attending the flea market, taking in the colors and smells, the sunshine and fresh air.  We found some books for her.  She still enjoys reading romance novels.  And we found a bit of treasure for me.
The last couple of years I haven't found any vendors selling cabochons, but this year I was in luck.  The ones in the bottom picture I'm going to use together to make a pendant.  The others will be made up individually.  The lighter crazy lace agate (top left in the big picture) is already glued to the backing for a bead embroidered cuff.

As for my own kids remembering their old mom, I needn't have wondered.  Two of them even went so far as to send flowers!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I too am a middle aged mom with a very young daughter (10) and you've reminded me to cherish those walks on the beach with her. Gorgeous cabochons, I can't wait to see your finished project!

roseworksjewelry said...

Sounds like you had a great mother's day - and those are wonderful cabochons!

WTF Store said...

What a fun way to spend Mother's Day! Shopping is always a great way to connect, and flea marketing sounds even better. Can't wait to see what becomes of your finds!

I would like to pass on the Kreativ Blogger Award to you! http://inspirationalbeading.blogspot.com/2010/05/kreativ-blogger-award.html

شركة كشف تسربات المياه وعوازل الاسطح said...

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
شركة عزل أسطح بالدمام
شركة عزل خزانات بالدمام
كشف تسريب المياة بالدمام
غسيل خزانات بالدمام
افضل شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
كشف تسربات المياة بالدمام والاحساء
افضل شركة نظافة منازل بالاحساء
كشف تسربات المياة بالدمام والاحساء
كشف تسربات المياة بالاحساء
افضل شركة كشف تسربات بالخبر
شركة مكافحة الحشرات بالدمام والخبر
افضل شركة نظافة بالدمام والخبر
شركة عزل اسطح مبلطة وغير مبلطة بالجبيل
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل
شركة عزل اسطح بالجبيل
شركة عزل مائى بالدمام والخبر والقطيف الجبيل
كشف تسربات المياة بالدمام والخبر والقطيف والجبيل
كشف تسربات المياة بالجبيل
كشف تسربات المياة بالقطيف
نظافة شقق بالدمام والقطيف
شركة غسيل خزانات بالدمام الخبر القطيف
كشف تسربات المياة بابقيق
كشف تسربات المياة بابقيق
كشف تسربات المياة بسيهات وعنك
كشف تسربات المياة راس تنورة
شركة سواعد
شركة زهرة المدائن
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
شركة تسليك مجارى بالاحساء شركة كشف تسربات بالاحساء
شركة تسليك مجارى بالخبر
شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام