Monday, September 6, 2010

Remember the Peppers?

If you follow my random bloggings (and I hope you do!), you'll remember my pepper picture from a few weeks ago.  I found these beautifully colored peppers at the farmers market and deemed them photography worthy, as well as inspirational. 

Well, recently, I have been working my little fingers to the bone getting ready for upcoming shows and I was looking through my bead stash for some quick and easy ideas.  I rediscovered a lovely purple stone that I had purchased from a vendor at the Topeka farmers market this summer.  She always tells me the names of the stones, but for the life of me, I can't remember this one.  It is perhaps a dyed piece.  But whatever it is, it is pretty and had caught my eye in her tray of focal pieces.  It also triggered my memory of the peppers so I decided to work it up in a simple strung style using the pepper colors.  I used amethyst nuggets and chips with Czech fire polish beads and seed beads.  What do you think?


No comments: