Saturday, February 12, 2011

Challenges!

Seems like a lot of my creative time lately has been taken up with creating pieces for all my team challenges.  And I'm still working on them!  This is a good thing though.  Challenges awaken my muse and she likes being alert.  The first one I finished this year was for the Etsy Bead Weavers February challenge, Royalty Throughout Time.  This is the one pictured in my previous post that sparked so much business for me.  The second one I finished was for the ArtFire Bead Weavers Guild first quarterly challenge, Celtic Symbols.


 
It turned out a bit different than originally intended, but I kind of like the outcome.  I was thinking about all the things I think of when I think of Celtic and the result sort of turned out "Woods fairy meets Celtic warrior".  

The next challenge I tackled was for the Etsy Bead Weavers again, this time for March and the theme Fashion Through the Ages.  We were to choose a fashion style and create a piece of jewelry to complement it.  Well, being a child of the 60's and 70's and a dyed-in-the-wool wannabe hippy, I had to choose something from that era.  Since it's just a tad too early to list it on Etsy yet, I will delay posting a picture here until that's accomplished.  I'll just let you see an in-progress pic.   Suffice it to say, I'm calling it Flower Power. 


 The last challenge I'm working on right now (whew!) is for Kansas Etsy Team.  We are a group of Kansas sellers trying to promote each other and the vast talent in our state.  We decided to try the challenge approach to generate some interest in our team.  Our first theme is Springtime in Kansas and entries will be due the first part of March.  Here's a sneak peek at mine.  


I'm thinking springtime Kansas skies, new soft green leaves and flowering redbuds.  So far, so good, I think.  This will eventually become a cuff, by the way.

Ah, challenges!  Can't wait to see what the next one will be!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here very cheap phone and tablet, good quality, you are welcome to come here anytime

buy android mobile phone 2014

2014 Android Mobile Phone

مركز الشعلة said...
This comment has been removed by the author.