Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Gift for a Friend




Seems like I haven't blogged forever and now here's my second entry in two days!
Just had to show off this creation, though, that I finished this weekend. My friend and co-worker got engaged at Christmas and her fiance is due to deploy in July. He'll be gone for a year and she just assumed they'd wait until his return to have the wedding. But he surprised her by telling her he wanted to get married before he left. She's so excited and I decided I wanted to give her a special piece of jewelry for her special day. So I asked her if she had any idea what her colors were going to be and she told me, "yes, camo." Now, camoflauge may seem a bit unusual for wedding colors, but it didn't surprise me with Jenn. She and her fiance both love to hunt and last summer when I decided my shoulder simply wasn't going to allow me to ever pull back my compound bow again, I sold her my Parker Challenger and all the archery "stuff" that goes with. She already rifle hunts and was eager to learn bowhunting as well. So anyway, camo colors fit her to a tee. She caught on as to why I was asking and asked if I could make something like my Flash necklaces. I told her I'd try and this is what I came up with. It should look very nice with either the Real Tree camo wedding dress or the winter camo, Snowfall, she's thinking about getting. She found this amazing website that has all kinds of camoflauge wedding apparel, http://www.laceandpromises.com/. She doesn't have a date set yet, but her camo necklace is ready. I just have to wrap it.

5 comments:

cherylannd said...

wow, an unusual bridal concept, but a fabulous necklace!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

I have never heard of a camoflauge wedding. I would have never thought of any such thing. Your necklace is lovely. I am sure she will treasure it forever.

Unknown said...

WHOA....first, let me T-U for your sweet comment in my 1-handed rainbow extravaganza...but this necklace is "wunnerful"! "Yum" - lucky friend ~ can I be your friend too??!

Marlaine said...

Beautiful necklace! What a nice gift for your friend!

Sarah said...

That's a very lucky friend. Your neclace is beautiful, I love the colours.