Monday, March 29, 2010

Ta Da!!

It's done.  My very first ever bead embroidered cuff is complete.  In my previous post, I outlined my approach to it's creation.  The final steps after finishing the beadwork were to glue the beaded portion to the metal cuff and then to stitch a bead edging around the entire cuff.  I learned that next time I need to add just a tad more to the length of the bead backing.  I really had to stretch the beadwork to meet the edge of the ultrasuede on the ends.  I also learned that I really enjoyed doing this kind of work and I've got some ideas floating around in my head for the next endeavor.

10 comments:

Foxan said...

Great Cuff! Not gaudy at all, it is BEAUTIFUL!

jodi said...

Incredible. You did a great job.

Marsha Wiest-Hines said...

I love it! I hope you'll do more of these beauties!

Ruthie said...

It's gorgeous! Good job :)

Karen Gill hidingplacebeadery.etsy.com said...

It's lovely! I would never know it's your first one...great job!!

Dawn N said...

Wow! I can't believe this is your first embroidered cuff. It turned out great.

Triz Designs said...

that's incredible!!! I can't believe it's your first!!! wow!!! I love the colours and design! beautiful!!!

Mortira said...

A very impressive first attempt! The color combination is gorgeous, and the beadwork is lovely. Congrats!

Marlaine said...

That bracelet is stunning! Love the colours!

Christine's Beadworks said...

Stunning! These are addictive, I did my first one this year as well and can't wait to do another! You did a fabulous job.