Sunday, August 10, 2008

Productivity!!

Wow! Talk about getting things done. This has been a great weekend, creative wise. Thought I was going to be out of town for at least half the weekend but circumstances and a lot of rain kept me home. So I decided to make the best of it. I have a show coming up the latter part of September and really need to get busy building inventory. I must say, I exceeded my expectations for productivity. I've been having so much fun with the watch faces I recently purchased. I bought a lot of ten and so far have six of them made up. Three were this weekend's creations. The one I really, really love is the all silver one I did using spiral peyote weave. It incorporates silver plated 3 mm beads with silverlined seed beads to create a very elegant watch band. I almost have a red spiral weave bracelet done also. Should finish it this evening but probably too late to photograph and post.






My other creations this weekend were floral designs. I love doing what I call "Kansas" wreaths for my fall shows. We have a lot of whitetail deer, pheasants and wild turkeys here and the antlers and feathers look terrific with the fall leaf colors, the sunflowers, grasses and fall flowers. I designed and built four yesterday, but only managed to get two photgraphed before my camera battery died. I think I will also list these two on Etsy.







3 comments:

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Debra, you really have been busy. I love them all. Keep up the good work.

adina said...

They look GREAT! I especially love the silver spiral watch, too! :-)

Marlaine said...

Wow..amazing. You got a lot done! Must feel great. Everything looks beautiful!