Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hump Day

It has certainly been a stressful week so far. Monday I go to work and within an hour of being there, we have this major rain storm - hail, winds, heavy rain. Several of us are at the nurses station talking about the storm when someone runs up the corridor from the dining area and says there is water coming in under the doors. We all grab towels and soaker pads from the laundry but when we get back there it's obvious our efforts will be pointless. Before it was all said and done our entire dining area, the employee service corridor and half of one hall of resident rooms had flooding. A couple people braved the storm and ran out to buy shop vac and we spent most of the morning vaccuuming up water. Fortuneately, the storm moved out by mid-day. Later we heard we'd gotten almost 4 inches of rain in 3 hours.
Of course this all happened at the first of the month, my busiest time in the office. So yesterday I was doing doubletime to make up for time lost Monday. Today I feel a little bit more in control. But needless to say, I've come home exhausted and not gotten much done creative-wise so far this week. I did get materials picked out for the July Etsy Beadweavers challenge and kind of got started on it. I've never done anything like this before so it will be interesting. Maybe tonight I can work a bit more on it.

No comments: