Sunday, June 1, 2008

It's New to Me

Wow! My first ever blog! My kids will be so proud. They've been doing this stuff forever, especially one of my very talented daughters-in-law, and I've always enjoyed reading her thoughts and seeing the pics she's posted. I'm starting this blog because I've recently joined the Etsy community and the Etsy Beadweavers Street Team and this seems a fun way to further share my thoughts and designs. I haven't worked on any floral designs for a while cause I tend to do them more seasonally when I'm getting ready for craft shows. I'll post some pics of my Spring/Summer ones though so you all can see what I do. Beading, however, is something I love to do all the time. Right now I'm working on a turquoise cabachon necklace. I bought the cab on vacation in Colorado Springs, I think two years ago now. It has sat in my cabinet just waiting for inspiration. A couple weeks ago I was looking for an idea and came across it. It just kind of said to me, "ok, it's time". I'm really liking how it is coming together and as soon as I get it finished, I'll post a picture. In the meantime, here are some pics of pieces I currently have listed on Etsy.

Beading cabachons has become a passion. I think I like them so much because there are never two alike and I really dislike making the very same thing over and over.

1 comment:

sound&fury said...

great looking blog! Your work is fantastic!