I finished my Art Deco Challenge bracelet last night. It looks a bit different from the work in progress I posted previously. While I liked the black and white color scheme and the diamond shape brick stitch, I just wasn't happy with the curved brick stitch connecting the diamonds. So that piece is sitting in my reject pile to be reworked or torn apart and I started fresh. This time I just stuck with alternating diamonds in black and white with a 3mm firepolish crystal woven into the center of each. After several starts and stops on the edging, I wound up using the black crystals on each side with a picot at each diamond point using the clear crystal. Finished it up with a peyote ring and bar and I like it! It reminds me of a harlequin so thought that would be a good name for it. Now just need to get it listed on Etsy.
4 years ago